Tuesday, July 3, 2012

3 days till Birth Day!!! July 3, 2012

My Last and Final appt with Dr Veille was today. Thank goodness.  I went in there really taking his opinion with a grain of salt. I cannot help but get skeptical when his ultrasound takes 15 min vs UCSF's 2 hr ultrasound that measures all the same things.  I can see that he did not measure things he said were "fine."  I asked if the DVP was good and he said yes but I never saw the sonographer measure it.  I just luckily can see for myself that there is fluid in both babies sacs and that they have good looking size bladders. This tells me that they have fluid even without the Dr. measuring.  However, I still think he should be more thorough.  The office received a new ultrasound machine and the sonographer was having a difficult time trying to figure out how to use it.  This made the ultrasound appt longer than usual.  Half way through the appt I hear Dr. Veille say to the sonographer "the next pt is here" REALLY???? How unprofessional.  She can friggin wait until my appt is complete.  That really ticked me off.  He also seemed genuinely concerned about my BP when I said it had been as high as 160/101. My shins are pretty swollen too.  I had told him we were having a C- section this Friday.  He said "well I am going to call Dr. Juhn about your BP."  I informed him it was only that high once and it has since come down with the Nifedipene I am taking.  He was still concerned and said "well I really think I need to call Dr. Juhn and you should be delivered this week.  I said "well I told you about 10 minutes ago I have a C-section scheduled for THIS Friday." He replied "oh, OK good, you should be good till this friday then."  I'm like seriously??? He is so confusing.  He seemed like he wanted me to walk myself to L&D and deliver right now and then a second later he seemed like oh, you are fine.  I am at a loss for words about that man.  Another weird thing was when I was about to leave he said "If you are interested call the office after the girls are born next week because I am working on a project with my wife and I would like to take pictures of your girls for a photography project." ummm WEIRD.  At first I thought he was going to come to the hospital and do it which I wouldn't be opposed to if it was for research but when he said his wife was involved and it was out of the office I thought it was a little weird.  needless to say I don't think we will be doing that.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer I am when it comes to Dr. Veille.  I really should just be happy that we got great news and that the girls are doing great.  The Doppler's look good, bladders are good, fluid looks present as far as I can tell. HR looks and sounds good and is reaffirmed by my NST's.  Also, we have some big babies for Twins which I am thrilled about.  Baby A appears to be 7 lbs 2 oz and Baby B is 6 lbs 3 ozs.  Which is almost 13 1/2 lbs of baby!!!!! HOLY MOLY. Cannot get much better than that.  So, I just need to keep them in for a few more days.  I am excited but nervous and apprehensive at the same time.  I am ready to meet my miracle babes but they are still going to be 1 month early and I worry about their respiratory status.  I pray they can breath on their own and will spend little to no NICU time.  I am worried about how Cole will adjust so I had a sibling kit put together for him by my mom that is a gift from his sisters when he comes to visit in the hospital.  It is a Thomas backpack with some coloring books, crayons, tractors, cars, etc. for some entertainment and so he feels special as well.

I am not sure I will be doing anything for my favorite Holiday tomorrow.  I was going to try to sit in a chair and watch fireworks in my moms court but I may have to skip out and stay in bed to keep my BP down.  I don't have a BP cuff to take my BP so I get nervous it may be high from all the piccolo petes I hate so much. lol. I really want to see Cole's face when all the fireworks are going off.  That's what makes Holidays so much more fun when you have kids.  Seeing it through their eyes makes it that much more special.  Ill play it by ear and see how I am feeling.

One last NST on Thurday and my C- section is scheduled for Friday July 6, 2012 at 7:30 am.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am. No eating or drinking after 11:30 pm.   It cannot come soon enough. I am ready to get off this couch and start being able to be mom again.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a safe and sane 4th of July.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete