Sunday, May 20, 2012

29 weeks 2 days/ 7 1/4 months/ 205 days/ 73.8%

Can you tell by my title for this post that Im a little crazy about counting the days that have passed?  Each day that goes by is 3 less days in the NICU.  So, Im a little anal about counting. Which in turn makes time go by pretty slowly.  Haha!

I wanted to do a second update this week because we have had some news that may affect things in the near future but I hope not.  I went and saw my regular OB on Friday to do our normal check up.  Things with me are going well which is fantastic.  I have been worried about my blood pressure since it got high with Cole around this time.  It was not low but not high either.  I passed my glucose test which was a big sigh of relief.  Im not anemic and my platelet count looks great.  Big thumbs up for me!

Scott and I discussed our concerns we have with how our appt went on Monday with Dr. Chyu and she agreed that our concerns were reasonable and that she would call Dr. Chyu and discuss trying to get growth checks every 2 weeks and fluid/bladder/ and dopplers every week.  Especially since the fluid does look lower in the baby who had polyhydramnios it would be good to check it weekly.  We felt a little rushed out of Dr. Chyus appt and we never really got a good answer as to why if UCSF suggests bi weekly growth checks why she wanted to to it every three weeks.  This gets so convoluted because you have 3 different doctors, 3 different opinions, and 1 crazy mom who seems to never get the right answer in a timely fashion.

After our long winded discussion (good thing Dr. Juhn likes to talk) we had a quick ultrasound just to check heart beats with our reg ob.  This is on a very low resolution portable ultrasound machine they typically use on non complicated pregnancies.  Dr. Juhn was a little concerned that the fluid in Baby A's sac looks a little lower than what we got on Monday which was 5cm.  She also thinks that our placenta is already in the beginning stages of calcifying which means it is starting to go kaput. It may be working at capacity to the point we might not make it to 36 weeks.  However, since this is such a low resolution ultrasound and I like to think Dr. Juhn is very conservative. So I hope when we go to our next appt they will find that we are in better shape than it looks. I also, must prepare for the possibility that we might not make it to 36 weeks either.  Kind of Scary.  NICU time almost seems inevitable.  Dr Juhn wanted to me to get in contact with UCSF and see if I could move my appt that is this Thursday up to Monday or Tuesday.

I left Dr Juhns office and called UCSF right away.  They seem a bit skeptical about all the finding and asked me some questions I was able to answer but some I thought Dr. Juhn should answer herself.  UCSF said they were all booked next week but that they would talk to my Dr. and figure something out. This was Friday at 2pm.  I thought for sure I would not hear back by then end of the day.  Much to my surprise I got a call form UCSF who always seems to come through.  They said that they were unable to squeeze me in but talked to the MFM and want me to go in to the office in Sac Monday to re-check things to be sure they are stable enough to make it to my UCSF appt on Thursday.  This puts me at ease a little because my concerns are legitimate and Im a little worried about my placenta because nobody has mentioned this to me before.  The more appts I have I feel a little more at ease because I know we are more apt to catch something earlier than waiting 3 weeks.  I just feel that at this point wouldn't it be smarter to check things more often because I am at a point where viability is so high?  Meaning if something was going awry we could deliver rather than extend my appts to 3-4 weeks and miss something that could have been remedied by delivery that we missed because you all thought things were going to be ok.  I may be totally over reacting and hope that everything will go ok.  But if there is even a slight chance for acute TTTS or something similar I want to be checked weekly.

Ive also been having a lot of contractions lately as well and Dr. Juhn is threatening hospital Bed rest too.  We will re-evaluate this after we go to UCSF and determine our status.  Im really looking forward to going to UCSF and very nervous as well.  When we get there we will not have had a growth check in 3 weeks and I'm on pins and needles to make sure they are both growing and getting plenty of blood flow through the umbilical doppler.

If all goes well we did discuss delivery at 36 weeks and are probably doing an elective C-section. I could do a vaginal delivery but my Dr. thinks that since Baby B is smaller and most likey has a thinner umbilical cord that she won't tolerate labor very well.  So after Baby A is born (which she would come out first being closer to my cervix) that baby B will possibly turn and not be head down and show signs of distress and I would need a c section anyway.  I DO NOT want to do both so Im electing to do a C section.  July 5th looked like a good day so if all goes well we will have the girls On Thursday July 5th.  I pray we get walk into the hospital on the 5th and deliver big beautiful healthy girls. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment