Thursday, June 7, 2012

31 weeks 6 days

I feel so blessed and lucky today.  I feel this way most days but today has been a good day.  After looking back and seeing where we have come from and the odds we were up against I am so thankful for what I have and for the people and friends in my life.  This experience has opened my eyes to the extreme thoughtfulness of friends, family, and complete strangers.  We have had so many offers for help, prayers, well wishes, etc. and I couldn't be more grateful.  I got an email today form the Moms of multiples group I joined recently with the offer to bring meals a few times in the next 2 weeks.  This is so sweet and generous seeing as how I have not even met most of them yet.  I have not been able to attend any functions due to my modified bed rest and now strict bed rest.  So, for them to be willing to help me out is awesome.  I have also been blessed by my mommy group friends who have done so much to help me out as well.  They planned a sprinkle for me and brought all the food, decorations, etc. and made a great day for me and my girls.  They have been such a great support system and I appreciate all of it.  My family has also been a wonderful help with Cole and taking care of him so I can rest and Daddy can catch a break.  You all are the best and we love you!!

We went to our 2 week growth check today and got wonderful news.  All is well and the girls have grown about 1 lb each in the last 2 weeks.   YAY!!!! So exciting.  Baby A is 5lbs 2 oz and Baby B is 4 lbs 1 oz.  This is still about a 24% growth discordance but like I have said before is not of extreme concern because A is such an over achiever.  Baby A is measuring about 34 weeks and Baby B is right on track at 32 weeks.  This would be dis concerning if A was average for gestation and B was behind.  I am not sure but I like to think all the extra protein I have been eating has helped put some weight on the girls.  The fluid for each baby looks good as well.  It even looks as if things may have shifted to where baby B has a little more fluid than A.  This has been the opposite the entire pregnancy.  Either way they both have abnormal amount at this point.  Baby B has 7cm and Baby A has 6cm. The membrane is still intact and bladders look great.  The girls are moving quite a bit still although with 9 lbs of baby I'm not sure how this is possible.  LOL. 9 lbs of baby with 4 weeks to go. YIKES!!! I hope to continue the pattern of 1/2 lb per week and if we make it to 36 weeks that would make baby A 7 lbs and B 6 lbs.  That would be so great!.  

Now I continue with the NST's twice a week and hopefully my contractions mellow out on the nifedipene.  I think it is helping some but I still feel contractions pretty regularly and I can tell when it is getting close to needing another dose of meds because the contractions do pick up.

Thanks to all who have been apart of this journey and continue to follow our blog.  I am glad I have a place to keep everyone updated and to vent my feelings and emotions onto paper to have forever.  Until next time.......


No comments:

Post a Comment