Thursday, June 28, 2012

33 weeks 6 days and our final UCSF trip

We made it through our last trip down to UCSF.  It has gotten much more difficult to travel down there at this point in my pregnancy. I set myself up in the way back of our car with the seat in front of me folded down so that I can put my feet up and hopefully not swell too much.  This tactic seemed to work well and I was pretty comfortable.

This was actually the first time out of our many visits to S.F. that we were late.  We have always arrived with time to spare but today there was extra traffic in Sacramento because of a mattress that flew off someones car and caused 7 cars to crash.  So, Scott decided to "take a short cut".  Im sure you all know what that means?  We got lost in a subdivision.  I had to pull out the GPS and get us back to the freeway.  I realized about 9:30 when we hadn't quite yet crossed the bay bridge that we were not going to make our 10 am appt.  I called and they said no problem.  Luckily, they were running behind and it was not an issue that we were late.  We only ended up about 15-20 min late so not bad at all. I would have been pretty upset if they had to reschedule after traveling all the way down there.  As always, they seem to come through.

Our girls were giving the sonographer a run for her money and making life a little difficult to get all the measurements. The sonographer even told us that she wanted to cry because she was having such a hard time getting the measurements.  I felt really bad that she was having such a difficult time.  At least she skipped the measurements she was unable to get instead of just "guessing" like our sacramento sonographer seems to do.  She went and consulted with the radiologist and came back to try again.  This time they were more cooperative but I think she earned her salary that morning.

We then needed to wait for Dr. Rand to arrive at 1:00 so we went to lunch and enjoyed a burrito at the taqueria near the fetal treatment center.  They have yummy burritos!!  We then met with the staff and Dr. Rand who basically told us everything looked great.  Of course I was thrilled to hear this and I was thinking things were ok as well but I felt I needed to hear from them to really put my mind at ease.  I actually feel a little selfish even asking them to see me because I know most of their patients are in much worst places than I am but I feel with how tumoltuous everything has been that I must get their blessing to move forward and lower my stress level.  If it even helps keep my BP down for one more week it will have been worth it.  I also think they like to have the "success" stories come through because I assume they deal with a lot of doom and gloom situations, so to see a family really graduate and have healthy babies makes what they do worth it.  I am trying to figure out how to thank them for the immense emotional, physical, and psychological support they have been throughout this process.  Im not sure what will be good enough to cover all that.  A basket of fruit or cookies doesn't seem to do justice for what they have given me.  They have wonderful baskets of wines as well but can you send wine to a hospital for doctors?  I don't even know if they drink?  Ill have to think a bit more and send them pics of the girls along with a special gift I have yet to determine.

So we left with a huge sigh of relief and a smile on my face.  Scott even said how much happier I seem when we leave S.F vs. Sacramento perinatology.  The babies are 6 pounds 2 ounces and 4 lbs 14 ounces as of Thursday June 21, 2012.  So if we can make it to July 6 we may have 6 and 7 lb babies.  woo hoo!!!! Im not sure if I can fit that with how little room I feel I have left but I welcome it for the girls health :)

So I continue my NST twice a week and seeing my Dr. once a week until the big day......

No comments:

Post a Comment