Sunday, June 17, 2012

33 weeks 2 days

19 days and counting until we meet the girls..... CRAZY!!! We have been doing our NST 2x weekly and going to the Dr. at least once a week as well.  My last two NST ended up in L&D visits as well due to high BP and contractions.  I am always prepared to stay for a few hours when I go for my NST's which take a mom with a singleton and no issues about 20 minutes to pass.  My twins are a little sassy and never want to stay on the monitors.  They are supposed to get 2 Accelerations in heart rate from resting hr 15 BPM(beats per min) for 15 Sec.  Their resting HR is about 140 so they need 2 accels with a Hr of 155 for 15 sec simultaneously.  So to get both babies to do this in a 20 min period is nearly impossible. And even after 2 hrs and the babies passing I always end up with several contractions and or high bp which turns into blood work and urine tests etc.  I really need to learn to eat more before I go in because if I end up staying till 2pm like I do they won't let me eat.  I am STARVING by the time I leave.  I have to do the 24 hr urine test again.  I had to do that 2 weeks or so ago and it was not fun and I am not looking forward to doing it again but I was spilling a little bit of protein in my urine last week when I was there so they want to make sure I am not getting pre eclamptic.  

We have a appt tomorrow with the perinatologist to do a growth check and make sure the girls are growing.  I hope they are getting big and able to join us healthy pretty soon.  I can feel hiccups very often so that is good. I know they are practicing their breathing in there.  I hope that after tomorrow I feel confident that the Dr. is being thorough because we have an appt in SF on Thursday that I would like to cancel if I feel we are getting good care here with the perinatologist.  SF doesn't feel we need to be seen by them anymore but are more than willing if we feel we need it.  I hope to be able to cancel it after our appt. tomorrow.  Traveling to SF has not been a problem top until last time we were there and it was quite uncomfortable.  I know I am not going to enjoy a 2 hr car ride at this point. I can't even sit in a restaurant booth for 1 hr to eat without being incredibly uncomfy.  

After our appt tomorrow we have NST's Tues/Fri and an appt with my reg OB Wednesday.  I am pretty much at the Dr. or hospital everyday next week.  Which is totally ok with me because it gives me something to do and I get reassurance the girls are doing ok.  

We have been really lucky lately for some wonderful moms for PC moms of multiples for bringing our family dinner recently.  I want to thank Joy, Debbie, Lacey, and Jenni for the wonderful meals.  Also, Michelle form SFD and Colleen from my mommy group with Cole who have all brought us yummy food.  I feel so blessed and this has been a tremendous help for not only me but the stress Scott has been under as well.   Thanks to all and Ill update next week after our appt.


nn
 non

No comments:

Post a Comment